OPERATIONS MANAGER INTERN
Ubuntu Village is a live, online educational institution based in West Trenton, NJ. After a career spanning nearly two decades as a Trenton Public Schools teacher and successful Program Director at the Learning Lab in east Trenton, owner Kiya Green resigned to homeschool her two sons. Earning her Master’s degree in Educational Administration with both principal and supervisor certifications, she traded it in to provide her sons with the learning experiences they deserved. Ubuntu expanded to include other children for full-day programming and now provides live, online instruction to homeschooling families across the country! It’s education at its finest. Come take a journey with us.
- Develop, implement and review all operational policies and procedures.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, and planning.
- Work closely and independently with senior management.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with senior management to plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Submit a resume and a brief statement of 100 words or less describing how you can make an impact at our school.
- Internship duration: September 2020 through June 2021 preferable
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- All assignments add value to the students, families, and staff of our school and your development as a professional.